Thursday, March 1, 2018

2018 Monthly Color Challenge: March = Yellow

Where has the month gone?  It's time for another new color and another new block in the 2018 Monthly Color Challenge.  Are you participating?  No?  Why Not?  If you aren't, there is still time for you to join in all the fun.  To get all the scoop, be sure to check out Jen's post.



Our color for the Month of March is Yellow... and I was really worried!  I'm not much of a yellow person.  I look horrible in it and I don't use it much in my quilts - but I was pleasantly surprised how much yellow I had in my stash.  I apparently I use it more than I think I do. 


Again this month I made both the 12" and 6" version of Jen's free block.  You can get a copy of the block pattern on her blog - see link below.  I did learn one thing - yellows are hard to photograph! If I were to make the blocks again, I would try to find more contrast between the fabrics or use prints to make it easier to distinguish them.  Apparently when I use yellow - I'm pretty focused on solids or tonals! 




I can't wait to see what your block looks like.  On Jen's blog you have an opportunity to share your blue block or anything made with yellow from March 21 to 28 to be eligible for prizes.  And speaking of prizes, the sponsor for this month is: Make Modern Magazine who is giving away 3, YES 3, six-month subscriptions to their magazine (which I absolutely LOVE!) 





Also be sure to visit the other bloggers who are participating this month.  This is always fun to see what everyone is making too!


And if you are playing along with us, make sure to use #2018monthlycolorchallenge on social media! And speaking of social media, be sure to follow me on IG: @Masterpiecequilting and Masterpiece Quilting on FB for sneak peeks and updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment