Thursday, February 15, 2018

Charming Chains - Cover Quilt of Quilter's World Quilts You Can Make in a Day

It's always fun to get quilts back from the publisher but it's even more exciting to find out you have a COVER QUILT!  It's such an amazing honor to have the photo of your design selected for that prized position on the cover of a magazine.  

Yesterday I got two quilts back whose designs are published in the new Quilter's World Quilts You Can Make in a Day.    On the cover is my Charming Chains quilt!  

Photo Cred: Annie's

If you follow my designs you know I LOVE designing chain quilts so Charming Chains makes perfect sense - but instead of the chain extending clear across the quilt, these chains fit perfectly in each block unit. 

To highlight the chains, I knew I needed a bright, bold, fun fabric and Christa Watson's brand new Modern Marks collection by Benartex Contempo was the perfect choice.  The colors are so fresh and compliment my design perfectly.



I met Christa a few years ago at the SewPro Conference and I was delighted when she shared her first fabric collection with designers and encouraged us to use it in our designs.  And a huge thanks to Benartex for graciously providing the fabric!   

I also want to thank Aurifil for providing the thread I used to piece the quilt as well as The Warm Company for providing the 80/20 batting I used to make it.  I love both of these products and if I didn't love them, I wouldn't be using them! 



Charming Chains is designed with precut squares and strips in mind so it gives you an opportunity to use an entire fabric collection in one quilt.  Just select your fabric and pair it with a neutral and you are ready to stitch.  The pattern for Charming Chains is available in Quilter's World Quilts You Can Make in a Day which you can purchase at your favorite news stand or at Annie's Craft Store.

For updates on my designs, be sure to follow me on IG: @masterpiecequilting or on Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! It's a beautiful quilt. Thanks for choosing my fabrics to work with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun and cute quilt to make!! Great cover quilt on magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabric colors and pattern !!!

    ReplyDelete