Friday, September 22, 2017

Welcome to Fall 2017 - Let's Talk Fall Home Decor

The calendar has made it official - it's the first day of Fall.  However it sure doesn't seem like it in Northern Indiana as our forecasted high temperature for the day is 90 degrees.  I thought it was supposed to be hoodies and bon fire weather ! 

Well Mother Nature is fickle, so it won't be long until we cool back down (like next week's extended forecast !) 

In the meanwhile, let's talk about your Fall décor.  I know many of you already have your pumpkins and mums bought.  I tend to wait because I want them to last into November and hopefully through Thanksgiving.  Yep, I'm old school - no Christmas décor until after the Turkey has been celebrated!

But what about your quilted décor?  

I normally start with the table and the dining room.  I take off the patriotic table runner that I use from Memorial Day through Labor day and replace it with a fall runner.  


This particular runner is from my Learn to Machine Bind Your Quilts video class. 



I always like to add a mix of gourds, small pumpkins and an antique dish down the center of the runner.  Just a word of warning... keep checking the pumpkins and gourds to make sure they are still "fresh" .... when they go "bad" they leave quite a mess  - thankfully table runners are washable :) 

I also like to extend the fall décor into the living area.  Our quilts get used not only by humans but also by the pooches...  Miss Zoey is loves a good nap in sunbeam while stretched out on a batik throw. It doesn't matter how many times a day I refold this quilt, she always "fluffs" it to her liking :) 


I haven't decided for sure which quilts are heading to the couch but one of my favorite new designs is my Autumn Bliss quilt which is full of rich color.  It looks like it would be hard to make - but it's really pretty easy. 


Another favorite is my Sunburst Strips & Squares quilt.  This version features a beautiful palette of fall colors and it's super simple to make with a roll of precut strips.


And we can't forget outside too...  This is the décor at my Mother's house.  A simple big hexagon throw made with scrappy fall fabrics along with some pumpkins too. 


I would love to hear about your fall decorating plans.  Leave me a comment below about how you decorate for Fall and next Friday, September 29th, I will choose a lucky winner for a free Autumn Bliss pattern.  Happy Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment